Duracell Rechargeables
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Wars 2

2 posters

Go down

Guild Wars 2 Empty Guild Wars 2

Post  kjellis Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:38 am

So I've played some Guild Wars 2 for the first time yesterday. My first reflection after playing a couple of hours is:

* It's very unoptimized. There are lots of complaints in the beta forum of low fps with all kind of hardware. I have a nVidia GTX680 and I doubt I have more than 20-30fps if that, changing gfx settings doesn't seem to matter either.

* It very very simular to Rift or even WAR with all the dynamic events that keeps on popping up all the time.

* It's really pretty gfx wise

all in all it doesn't feel that new or refreshing from whats already out there. But I've only played for a couple of hours so far so I have not seen that much yet.

kjellis
kjellis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Guild Wars 2 Empty Re: Guild Wars 2

Post  Tarien Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:51 am

kjellis wrote:I have a nVidia GTX680

Christ they've only been out one day (mine arrives today), you giving blowjobs to nVidia executives? Razz

Nice review, wish I had beta. Bit strange about the FPS issues, considering they were aiming for a very low requirement and you literally have the latest cutting edge gfx card. Maybe that's the issue, card isn't supported well as it is so new?

Screenshots plox! Very Happy
Tarien
Tarien
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kjellis Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:01 am

Haha. I've had it since thursday when they were released here in Sweden. I've bought the Asus one. There were Gigabyte ones available also but I have had problems with Gigabyte in the past. The card got the reference cooler but it's really quiet so I am very happy with it so far.

I can't take screen shots as I am under NDA. Don't know if I am allowed to tell you as much as i've already told you either :-)

And besides I forgot to tell you one thing:

* They water stamped a translutient background with my email address repeating all over the screen in the background so if you take a screen shot they can see who took it. Very annoying.

and no it's not cause my hardware is new, all kinds of hardware are having the same problem. All from AMD to nVidia gfx-cards in all ranges.
kjellis
kjellis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarien Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:10 am

I got the EVGA one as they offer 3yr warranty and the Step Up program: So if a super overclocked version appears within the next three months or any sort of upgrade, I can pay the difference and exchange it Very Happy

And yeah they are meant to be super quiet and cool, a lot like the GTX 460 range they sacrifice compute power (used for general computing) and went for pure gaming performance, this means it's fast, cool, quiet and consumes less power than the ATI cards. Can't wait for mine Very Happy

Sucks about the email watermark, and the issues, but launch is some way off yet so there is time to fix things.
Tarien
Tarien
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kjellis Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:24 am

I just read the NDA, that I ofcourse just clicked by before I downloaded the client, and I ain't even allowed to tell anyone that I am in the beta.

oops :-)

Oh well, I trust you guys to not spread it around :-)
kjellis
kjellis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarien Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:25 am

I'm totally not ordering flying banners, hot air balloons or the billboards in Times Square right now Razz
Tarien
Tarien
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarien Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:40 pm

So I hear the NDA is lifted. Spill beans (plus pics Razz)!
Tarien
Tarien
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kjellis Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:04 pm

It is? That is more than I know and I don't have any pics and if I would have they would still be water marked.

This beta was only over the weekend as I said. Maybe I will be in the next beta test also, we'll see.
kjellis
kjellis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kjellis Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:22 pm

And no, NDA is never ever lifted for the betatesters. Not even after the game is released.

The NDA was lifted for the press only though.
kjellis
kjellis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarien Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:27 pm

kjellis wrote:And no, NDA is never ever lifted for the betatesters. Not even after the game is released.

The NDA was lifted for the press only though.

Bah, that sucks. They probably don't want thousands over QQing players disappointed that the game is once more not fulfilling the hype Razz
Tarien
Tarien
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kjellis Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:53 am

Well, I thought it was pretty good tbh. And going by what the general feeling is about the game in the closed beta forum people seem to love it.

Sure it has it's rough edges but people think that it is something fresh to what is out there on the market right now.

I played it too little to say how end game is gonna be. But the leveling experience was pretty good. Didn't get a chance to test out WvWvW, PvP, crafting and other stuff. Too little time to test everything in just one weekened. I also only played as a necromancer and didn't test the other classes.
kjellis
kjellis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum